I’m a fraud, I’m a fake, I’m a phony. I can’t do this. Who in their right mind is letting me do this? I’m just going to fail.
If any of those words have ever entered your mind, then there’s a good chance you’ve experienced the psychological phenomenon that is Imposter Syndrome. The moment I hit ‘publish’ on the first episode of my podcast, it hit me like a ton of bricks. So, I thought what better time to talk about it than while I’m experiencing it?
In this episode, I go through the five different subgroups of Imposter Syndrome, along with some tools and techniques you can use to combat it. Below you’ll find the resources or extra research I talk about throughout.
Dr. Valerie Young
Learning from others
Successful people with Imposter Syndrome, including Sheryl Sandberg, Serena Williams, Maya Angelou and many others
- My Podcast – which is available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify – is the best way to get involved. Here I’ll talk about everything I’ve learnt and bring in some special guests who are experts in their field. Make sure you subscribe to be notified when new episodes go up.
- The Anti-Burnout Club page on my site will be filled with my articles on the topic, so pop it in your bookmarks.
- My Instagram is full of self-love and self-care tips and advice, along with stories of me chatting away about things I’ve discovered that day. Please do give it a follow to fill your feed with inspiration.
- My Facebook page shares that same self-love, but also articles I find on topics that will help you thrive. Give the page a like to learn along with me.
- My Facebook group is brand new, but will be a safe hub for people to talk about their own experiences of burnout, give and receive advice, and learn so much along the way. Please request to join here – it’ll be launching officially on 10th August.