I remember when I first met my MBA group face to face and I told them about my anxiety. I laughed about things being so bad that I’ve unplugged the phone in the office because I don’t have the confidence to answer it. They all thought it was a bit of a joke, surely an…Read More
- Stories about real people who have been through hard times.
- Pieces on mental health, mental health awareness and overcoming challenges.
- Features on women in business or climbing up the career ladder.
- Mental health in business and other ‘real people in business’ related topics.
- Hard hitting pieces on poverty or the fostering system.
- Anything on people overcoming adversity – or raising awareness about the hard times they’re currently in.
- True stories, stories that make people feel, and stories that inspire others.
- Psychologies Magazine
- The Guardian
- Refinery 29
- And anyone with a passion for showcasing sometimes difficult but important stories…
My thoughts, feelings and stories…
Around a month ago, I stood up in our usual monthly meeting and I told my team this: “You can work whatever hours you want and come into the office just one day a week, as long as the work is done.” Mic drop. At first, no one was quite sure if I was being…Read More
My husband and I were waiting at the airport in Budapest, ready to come home after a long weekend break for my birthday. I hadn’t checked my emails much while I’d been away, as I’d vowed to try and be present and just enjoy the holiday. As I connected to the airport wi-fi I noticed…Read More
When many people start their businesses, they have a clear goal in mind. They want to be doing something they love whilst also getting paid for it. Dreamy, right? We’re often told that we should follow our passions and hobbies, turn them into a moneymaking machine, and reap the rewards. We follow blindly, imagining how…Read More